Update about Sunday's Winter Hike

Cedarburg Bog ice conditions along the route of the Winter Hike – as of Friday, 1/29/2016

Conditions may change by Sunday 1/31, but as of now the Bog is frozen and we are planning to hike to Long Lake and Donut Lake. The forecast for Sunday is for temperatures well above freezing and possibly rain, so expect soft, slushy, wet snow.

“Gripons”, or ice cleats, are not likely to be necessary, but it never hurts to bring them along if you have them.

Bog hikers must be willing to accept the risk associated with this hike off-trail in the Bog. There is always an unavoidable risk of tripping and falling. Glasses are always a good safety measure to avoid getting poked in the eye.

gemslogo100px Wisconsin DNR Logo Site Map | Login

Copyright © 2013 Friends of Cedarburg Bog.
All Rights Reserved.
facebook25x Twitter25x UWM Field Station logo